The Ainsley House is Campbell's historic house museum. The home was built in the style of an English Tudor Cotswold cottage during the Arts and Crafts movement. Built in 1925, the home was the third residence of local canning pioneer, John Colpitts Ainsley and his wife Alcinda Ainsley.
Originally located in Campbell on the corner of Hamilton and Johnson (now Bascom) Avenue, the home was moved to its present location at 300 Grant Street in 1990, after its donation to the city of Campbell by the remaining members of the Ainsley family. The home and its Carriage House were listed on the National Registrar of Historical Places (NRHP) in 2005.
The mission of the Campbell Historical Museum and Ainsley House is to interpret and preserve, in innovative and meaningful ways, the history of the Campbell area from its pioneer beginnings to today's 21st century setting, and to relate that history within the broader context of the Santa Clara Valley and encompassing region.
$8 Adults (18-65)
$6 Seniors (65+)
$4 Youth (7-17)
FREE Children (7 and younger)
FREE Museum Members
Friday-Sunday, 11am - 3pm
The Ainsley House is a 1925 historical structure that was not built for ADA accessibilities. The two-story home is not fully accessible to all persons with disabilities. The Carriage House Visitor’s Center and Museum Store are accessible on the ground level.
Guided tours of the historic house museum are wheelchair accessible for the first-floor level via a wheelchair ramp for access to the following rooms: Living room, Dining room, breakfast room, and foyers.
Accessible parking and site access is located in the Campbell Library parking lot.
Service animals individually trained to do work or perform tasks for a person with a disability are welcome in the museum and carriage house. Non-service animals, or pets whose function is to provide comfort or emotional support, are not permitted.
Walking apparatus are permitted in the house museum and carriage house visitor’s center.
Touch tours of the museum are available for the blind and sight limited.
Tours of the museum last approximately 45 minutes and require short periods of walking, climbing stairs, and longer periods of standing. Folding chairs are available for those who need to sit during the tour.
Once accessible restroom is located in the Carriage House.
The Ainsley House Museum will strive to accommodate your needs . Please contact us in advance with any accessibility questions you have about visiting the museum.
300 Grant Street
Campbell, CA 95008
Fridays – Sundays
The museum is closed in January and February for a yearly renovation. The museum reopens every March.
Tour Admission is purchased at the Carriage House
Free: Museum Members & 6 and under
51 N. Central Ave
Campbell, CA 95008
Office Phone Line