Campbell Museums Field Trip Program:
The Campbell Historical Museum offers an on-site education program: Hands-on History for 2nd and 3rd grades.
The program offers students the opportunity to learn historical content through interactive hands-on exploration. Students will have a chance to look, listen, touch, taste, and play with history. The program is designed to teach critical thinking skills across disciplines and to develop historical empathy.
Hands-on History Supports the Common Core Curriculum:
Building Strong Content Knowledge: Expands student's knowledge of social studies through listening, discussion, and hands-on activities
Comprehending and Critiquing: Discussions and activities during the programs allow students to compare and question assumptions about current and historical ideas that provide engaged and open-minded debates.
Evaluating Evidence: Students evaluate primary sources such as artifacts and photographs to support learning across content areas. This allows students to use their reasoning skills in real-life scenarios.
Coming to Understand Other Perspectives and Cultures: The programs are designed to develop historical empathy: the ability to understand and appreciate what life was like for people who lived in a different time and place.
· There is a minimum charge of $120 for 20 students or fewer; additional students are $6 each.
· Hands-on History has a maximum student capacity of 30 students. Please discuss with a Museum Staff member if there are special exceptions by calling or emailing before making a reservation.
· Teachers, aides, and chaperones are free.
· Programs are available Monday - Friday.
· Programs begin at 9 am and end between 11:30 am -12 pm.
For More Information:
Please contact Kerry Perkins, Museum Supervisor at email@example.com
Call or text at (408) 866-2718
Campbell Historical Museum
51 N. Central Ave,
Campbell, CA 95008
CLOSED FOR FIELD TRIPS
300 Grant St.
Campbell, CA 95008
Field Trips are from 9am-12pm Mon-Fri Oct-June
51 N. Central Ave, Campbell, CA 95008
Main Office Line